Sunday 17 June 2012

Fathers Day


Determined to outdo my husband when it comes to gifts, I decided to make him a cake for Father's Day this year! Usually I find this impossible due to the fact that I can't hide anything from him! This time, I got sneaky and baked a small cake on the Friday, then wrapped and hid it until this morning when I knew he would be having his allotted lie in! By the time I got the kids up dressed and fed it is already 8 o'clock, and knowing my husband, I have exactly an hour before he is up dressed and coming downstairs himself! Amazingly though I manage it!  1 hour to cut, fill, carve and decorate a 6 inch square cake! I think that is a new record for me! This design was not my own, but one I discovered through my new obsession, Pinterest! Here is the link for the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment