Tuesday 6 March 2012

A sweet find.


It's become a habit of mine to keep a bag of pecans on the worktop in the kitchen, and when I fancy a snack I grab one or two! Also, in the evenings, when I've sat down after my meal, I always have a craving for something sweet! This is a tricky one with Paleo, but I feel like I may have finally found the answer! A recipe for a Paleo trail mix bar! I made a few changes to this recipe, using ingredients I had in the cupboard, and also made half the quantity, as I hate making a bit batch of something I end up not liking!! This is what I ended up using.

¾ cup chopped pecans
¾ cup raisins
¼ cup hazelnut butter
¼ cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp honey

Melting the butter, oil and honey together I mixed in the fruit and nuts and pressed the mix into a lined square tin. I let it cool for a bit, then put it in the fridge where it took a couple of hours to set (at one point I thought I had ruined it!). When it did I was very pleased with the result!

This is the crunchy, sweet, nutty fix that I need! The only problem I now have is resisting the temptation to get a piece from the fridge every time I go to the kitchen!! It is hidden in a tub at the back where it's not so easy to reach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment