Monday 27 February 2012

30 day trial


When we decided to start the Paleo diet, we said we'd give it 30 days, and see how we feel, how easy it is to do, and how much weight comes off. Because at the end of the day, our main reason for starting it was to lose weight!

It is now 30 days on, and not only has it changed the way we feel about food, but I don't think we could change back now even if we wanted to! Having had a couple of 'cheat' days along the way, it is now obvious  how much difference cutting out sugar/dairy/gluten/grains makes! I can only speak for myself when I say that it feels like I have lead in my veins after eating badly! When being good however, the increase in energy is amazing! I can now only look forward to the warmer weather so I can get out more and enjoy it with the kids!

As for the weight loss, well, I certainly can't complain! 7.5lb loss in 4 weeks for myself! And a rather enviable 13lb loss for my husband! I havent at any point put weight on, but the weight coming off has been fairly steady! And so, as we continue to learn new ways to cook our food, we will carry on and see if we can't get to target by the summer! (It would be lovely to be able to buy a flattering dress for the August wedding we're going to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment