Monday 27 February 2012

Piece of cake!


One of my favourite hobbies has to be making cakes! This doesn't go well with the Paleo diet anymore, but luckily  I got to get some practice in last week with an order for a friend. A fairly simple order of a vanilla sponge cake decorated as a dart board, and big enough to feed 25 people. I ended up going a little overboard with a 14 inch round cake, which would probably feed about 40... I'm sure they will manage to use it!

Having made a relatively small number of cakes for people I still have a lot to learn, but with this cake I got to try out some piping for the first time, and although there is plenty of room for improvement I was pretty pleased with the result! I will need to get more practice though as I have a Christening cake to make in April...

No comments:

Post a Comment