Monday 6 February 2012

The chocolate cravings are kicking in!!


So I have now been on the Paleo diet for just over a week (the caveman diet for those of you not in the know!), and although I can truthfully say that I've not felt hungry at any point on this diet, I am now at a stage where the lack of anything sweet is taking it's toll! The kids food drawer is full of all things chocolatey, cadburys caramel, flakes, chocolate buttons, smarties, you name it, it's in there! And it's now becoming harder to resist!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a strict paleo dieter, my morning coffee still has sweetener and a splash of milk in, but my number of cups has far reduced, and I still have no added sugar squash in my water!! The occasional sweet potato is a life saver, and I definitely eat more fat on my meat than I think I'm allowed, but at the end of week one, I have had a fantastic 3 1/4 lb loss, and incentive to keep going a bit longer!

Todays experiment was soda bread with ground almonds! (recipe courtesy of Angela) When fresh and hot out of the oven, with lashings of butter it is pretty good, but seeing it now cold on the kitchen counter it is not so appealing! I am thinking of turning it into breadcrumbs to stuff something...

And so tonights dinner is bolognese with courgette spaghetti, plus a cheeky glass of red wine! I'm waiting until the kids are in bed before openeing the bottle as I want to savour my one glass in peace and quiet!!

2 comments:

  1. How was the courgette spaghetti? I foolishly bought Basics courgettes which were mostly seeds and thus my spaghetti was limper than a very limp thing. Still tasted good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! Only i really cut then too wide! So more like tagliatelle i suppose! The wine wasn't pleasent though, tasted too sweet lol! So i shallnt be missing that too much!

    ReplyDelete