Monday 13 February 2012

Happy accidents!



 So this morning I had decided that rather than go without breakfast (which is my usual habit) or eat egg and bacon yet again, I would make an an effort to come up with something different. What I had in mind was a smoothie made with coconut milk and some strawberries which have sat in the freezer for coming up to a year now.. As the strawberries were frozen when I put them in the blender, I ended up with what looked like ice cream, and so with a spoonful of honey added, I stuck them in pots and put them in the freezer! My breakfast today is now a herb tea, but I am definitely looking forward to ice cream for pudding tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. I have food processor ice-creams for dessert quite often. Works a treat with any frozen fruit, although very pippy things like blackberries are best avoided! Mango, with some coconut and a squeeze of lime is very, very good.

    It is best when freshly made, though. As there is no extra sugar (and depending on what dairy/coconut you use, little fat), it will freeze rock solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe so true as I found out when I checked on it earlier! It will definitely have to be one of those things I get out half hour before hand I think ;)

    ReplyDelete